Recess!

Sunday, August 9, 2009

A couple weeks ago I was in Louisville with my mom and visited Among Friends for the first time... Great store, lots of moda pre-cuts and a really wide variety of fabrics. The store is bright and really well-arranged. The most amusing part of the store was what I'm calling the "Oh brother, my wife/mother is in a quilt shop...this will take awhile Lounge"--they have a couple couches, children's books and toys, and a television set up for those poor husbands and kids that get dragged along against their will!

Well while I was there, I finally broke down and bought the Recess, Wee Play, and Look and Learn charm packs. I've been looking for these for awhile. (Yes, I know I can order them online, but...I haven't let myself order fabric online yet. That could be a credit card disaster waiting to happen!)

I'm not sure what I'll use them for just yet. Mom is a teacher and I know she loves the ruler fabric ...

And I would love to make a cozy lap quilt for her. Heather recently finished a quilt that has some of these fabrics in it and it looks great.

I didn't get to sew any this weekend because we spent Saturday caulking and sealing our driveway. I was the official caulk-smoother-outter and that stuff is nasty. It's like, really thick toothpaste. Oh, the joys of home ownership.

We also went to Boston Market for lunch. That was GREAT. It was our first time there; I had some coupons from BzzAgent and it was so delicious. Just like a home cooked meal. The prices were reasonable too. Seth called it an "upscale KFC" which... I can see what he means. But KFC doesn't make sweet potato pie like Boston Market does. Yum-E.

0 comments:

Post a Comment